How and why we use information we collect
We collect personal information that is essential for making a rental contract with you, being in touch with you and developing and improving our business. We collect personal information in order to:
- Provide you with our services, making a rental contract
- Invoice you
- Contact you regarding your reservation
- Detect and prevent fraud, spam, abuse, and other harmful activity
- Provide you with advertising and marketing
- Analyze and measure customer experience
- Develop and improve our services
Information we collect
We mainly collect information that you give to us when making a reservation. We also collect data that is automatically generated during the reservation process. The following information is collected when you make a reservation:
- Basic information, such as your first name, last name, street address, postal address, country, email, phone number, language
- Information about the customer relationship, such as reservation details, payment details, billing details, marketing permits and bans
- Messages that come by email
- Automatically generated information during the use of our website, such as usage information and log data, IP address and device information
A cookie is a small amount of data, which may include a unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. We use:
- Technical and functional cookies that enable the use of the basic features and are necessary for the web site to work.
- Cookies that are related to your language settings
- Analytic cookies such as Google Analytics in order to analyze your user experience and help measure how you interact with our website content. These cookies are not used for identifying an individual user.
You can choose whether or not to accept cookies through your browser controls. Please keep in mind that removing or blocking cookies can negatively impact your user experience and parts of our website may no longer be fully accessible.
Sharing your information
We process your information with care and trust, and share it only as described below. Your information is not given outside of the EU or the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
- We share reservation-specific information (name, phone number, villa name, duration, number of persons) to third party services such as rental agencies, villa owners, villa managers, lock providers and cleaning services.
- We share information to service providers who help us provide the technical platform
- Information can be given to governmental authorities if and to the extent we are required or permitted to do so by law.
We use appropriate technical security measures to protect your information. We update and develop our service continuously in order to guarantee safe processing of your information. Only employees who need your personal data to accomplish their assignments have access to the registry. The registry can only be accessed by using personal login credentials.
Storing your information
You have the right to exercise any of the rights listed in this section.
- Right to be informed and access your information
- Right to rectification of inaccurate or incomplete information
- Right to erasure
- Right to restriction of processing
- Right to data portability
- Right to object
- Lodging complaints
If you have any questions about your personal information or this policy, or if you would like to make a complaint about how we process your personal data, please contact us using the contact details below:
AuroraCottage Oy / AuroraCottage
Palokallionkatu 6 B 14, 33840 Tampere